Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synchronizing cp705 and cp520?
 Login/Join

posted
TAG CP 520 is FIS homoligated, but has no synch inputs. Does anyone know how I would synch a 520 with a TAG705? Also, anyone know the setup for hooking up a 520 to run with split second timing software?

posted Hide Post
The 520 will sync by using the ch 1 input. Connect it to the start wand same as the 705, but use the other pair of jacks (FIS Homologated start gate) and a second pair of wires for FIS/USSA compliance.

Connect the supplied serial cable from the 520 to your computers com port and configure the software in the setup and test screen with the timer type, baud rate and com port.

Posts: 430 | Location: Telluride, CO, USA | Registered: October 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have a supplied serial cable with my 520, what kind of cable is it?

posted Hide Post
please send me your mail-adress, and i will send you data of the serial cable.

posted Hide Post
Helen,

You can get the data cable you need from Gerry Trudell at Reliable Racing Supply or if you want to make one you can find the data cable pin assignments on our web site at http://www.pyramidtiming.com/PSTsupport.htm

You'll find the data cable pin assignments at the bottom of the page.

Posts: 31 | Location: Ludlow, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This post came in handy. Thanks Todd.
Jenna

posted Hide Post
As others have suggested call Gerry to get RS232 out to serial cable. You will also need a serial to usb (in)and driver disc installed that comes with it to get Splitsecond to see the 520. Pull up syncro on 520 menu to set time then open start wand (unblock input one 1st) or hit button 1. At + 1 min 705 and 520 printed times should match when start gate is opened.

Posts: 113 | Registered: November 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few ways to bring Serial data into a computer besides USB adapters. PCMIA cards were a favorite for a while on laptops without serial ports and now serial device servers seem to be the rage as an easy way to share serial ports across a network.
Jenna

posted Hide Post
quote:
split second timing software

Hello, can you help me to dowload data from my cp520? I just connect 9600 with a cable done with instructions but nothing happens...
thank you

Picture of Pro Timing Solutions
posted Hide Post
Are you able to get the data to output as a scoreboard?

If so then change the out put in the F+Menu to PC instead of Display.

If you cannot see the data as a display than get a different USB>Serial adapter and try that.

posted Hide Post
Well I self create my cable:
6 pole RJ12 - Female DB9
with pin 1 on 2 / 2 on 5 / 3 on 3 connections, is it correct?