Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Another upgrade dated 2/7/06 will increase your memory again!! Install this one and you will have 7123 available! Thanks Wolfgang.

BTW if you run Stopwatch while timing you will have to change the NET TO TIME to OFF and also should change PRINT START TIMES to ON for use with SST software. Firmware upgrades switches these to the default settings.
Last edited by john
New program with the 3/8/06 update "COUNTER". Runs under COMMANDER and will operate much the same as the Comet program of the same name. Now you can use your TIMY to drive a lap counter or keep track of who is next at a deli. Now serving #34.

Output is direct from the TIMY display port and is of course compatible with GAZ displays.

STOPWATCH w/SST USERS
Dont forget to reset your NET TO TIME OFF. Upgrade resets it to default of ON. Also turn PRINT START TIMES back to ON if you are using it for scored alpine races and run tape.
Last edited by john
Do not use the latest update from 3-28-2006! There may be an issue with overwriting all of your programs and only leaving "Backup" operational. We tried the update twice. Once with Serial and once with USB. All of our programs except Backup were wiped out. We always archive the older TIMY.exe files and you should too. We restored it to the previous state.

Added 3-29-06

Lesson learned. Read the update text file first. I was trying a USB update to "play" with it for a customer at the end of the day before trying to get the unit in the shipment.
Last edited by fkp
This is not a problem and in fact is designed in the new update. You can turn the programs on or off and they will or will not be available for general selection. Turn them all on or just the ones you like to use. Change the settings by selecting

MENU
GENERAL
PROGS ON OFF

Select the program you are interested in and turn it on. My guess is they are trying to keep the selections less cluttered for idiot proof operation in the field.

Dont forget to again change your NET TO TIME to OFF and PRINT START TIME to ON if you are using SST.
Ok I am tired. Michael from ALGE responded today that it was an idea that they wanted to try. I guess we weren't the only ones to be really surprised. The next version will have all of the programs visible again. In the meantime follow the instructions that were probably were in the update log.

"It is possible to turn each program on and off.
The background was, that the user uses only those programs, he frequently uses.
So that he doesn't have to scroll to the entire list of all the programs until he comes to the desired program.

"MENU"->"GENERAL"->PROG ON OFF"->"STOPWATCH
->"BACKUP"
->"PC-TIMER"
->"LAPTIMER"
->"TRACKTIMER"
->"PARALLELSLALOM"

Here you can turn on/off each program (except "BACKUP": always on).

I was already informed, that it would be the better solution, that each program should be on, after an update.
I make a new update this week."
Alge has released a new version of the Firmware installation program this week. New is the ability to perform firmware updates via serial or USB with the Autorun program. You don't need the separate USB installer any longer.

Rumor has it more firmware updates are coming soon including a dual course timing program and ability to send data between two timys via cell phone. Start TOD imports may also be in the works.
After a long dry spell a new firmware upgrade is available. Lots of fixes to existing programs and a new dualtimer program. We have a race this weekend and cannot risk having any of our units down so I will wait until next week to upgrade and try the new features. Perhaps Fred or Mike can clue us in on the fun and what the upgrade does to the memory for time stamps?
V7.45 released 4-26. A slew of bug fixes are listed in the changes but nothing new to speak of. Still looking for an improved TOD import feature for cycling time trials but it seems that the hot new ticket for TTs will be using a lynx TT upgrade. Collegiate road nats in Kansas will be the beta test for this.
Last edited by john
Version 11.28 is now posted. You may find that your TIMY will complain if not plugged into a power supply. The new version forces the printer to go faster for logo printing etc. The TIMY2 does this in a breeze due to the larger amp capacity of the battery pack. Weak TIMY (TIMY1) battery packs will not like this and will shut the printer off. You will then have to plug the TIMY in. The TIMY will then sense external power and turn the printer back on again.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.