Skip to main content

I have a Timy that I am currently using with USB but have had some issues losing connection. I don't have the serial cable wired up in the db25 connector, only a set of starts and finishes and power supply. I always like to have a backup plan and sounds like the serial connection is much more dependable.

Can someone tell me which pins are needed to connect to a db9 connector? I have looked at the manual but it looks as if there are 4 choices, but my s4 only uses 2, so I want to make sure which 2 or 4 to use. Also need to know which pins on the db9 to use.

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you just want data from the Timy, connect the TX, RX and ground:

DB9(Female) TIMY
2(RX) 10(TX)
3(TX) 11(RX)
5(Gnd) 24

Or if you don't want to talk to the Timy,you just need pins 10 and 24:

DB9 Timy
2 10
5 24

If you'd like to use the cable to program the Timy, you'll also need to connect CTS/RTS:

DB9(female) Timy
2 (RX) 10
3 (TX) 11
8 (RTS) 19
7 (CTS) 22
5 (GND) 24
6 (DTR/DSR)
4 short to 6

Hope that helps Smile
I found that the USB to computer is much more reliable if all wires are kept short and neat. Seems that coils of wire going back and forth may cause some noise or other interference. I shortened wires and separated start and finish wires a bit. Seems to have worked.

I also try to have my PC plugged into a different circuit than my timers. We have good power in our shack but the more isolated I can keep the equipment the better off I am

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.