Skip to main content

I've been asked to provide a speed trap for an automobile hillclimb event this May. I have the basic hardware needed - Timy PXE, PR1a photocells and D-Line display. I've used Timy once or twice a while back in Speed mode to do a standalone speed trap, but what I did not do then was output the data to a file. Is this possible? If so, what format will the file be?

The race is looking to add more interest to their event but not too worried about integrating into their official timing. They use TAG CP540s at start and finish connected via cell modems to M-Sport software. Last year I looked into switching them over to Split Second, but we couldn't make it work with the network and two timers setup they employ. So this speed trap setup would be a standalone affair with speeds radioed or texted to the announcer, and a visual display for spectator interest.

After the run is complete, it would be good if I could email a file to the organizer to be published. If Timy could be made to produce a CSV file I could drop that into an Excel sheet and we'd be happy. Can anyone confirm this is possible? Or suggest another way to do it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the responses. We have a set of old but serviceable Alge TED TX/RX wireless units that I have successfully configured for sending data from SST to that D Line display. If fate smiles upon me, I'll set up the display down at the start, the TED system will work perfectly, and the announcer will see the speed the moment it registers. But of course hillclimbs are run on steep mountainsides where terrain blocking is always an issue for wireless data comm. Won't know until I can go to the race site and test everything. Meantime, I'll look at the Alge ExcelWriter product.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.