Skip to main content

We have recently received a flurry of TAG-Heuer trade in activity.

We now have 3- TAG 705 timers with plastic case, 2- PTB 605 with printers and plastic case, Hl 2-31 reflector photocells, HL 2-35 through beam photocells, etc.

Prices too low to quote. We will ship anywhere in the world with appropriate payment in advance by bank transfer.

Originally posted 24 jan 2002 by Fred Patton
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fred, How much in Canadian Pesoes, Why is everyone trading in their 705's, Also wondering about the cost of a Timy ? We have a Tag 705 and two new Alge boards, do you know if we can show net time AND rank and bib direct from 705 ? If so will it handle 3 digit rank and 3 digit bib on a six digit board. And one last thing, we have two old displays, a smart display and a giant display, they have been in the equipment room since before my time therefore I do not know how old they are. About 4 years ago I foolishly delivered them to Reliable to see if they could be converted to work with our S4, well they did for about 5 minutes, reliable blew us off. So wondering if you might want them for parts, apparently they put a new board in them, but as far as I'm concerned they're junk. But the rich folks I work for are still choked about the $ 500.00 US we spent to "fix" them. Hope you have a great time at the big show, I met the two of you in Vail Worlds in 99' I was there with Ted, who seems to be too busy to answer my questions, hope you can help, and all is well. JD.
The RRS displays are worthless to us. Take the face plate off and move the digit vanes around till they spell out your address. Glue in place. Hang on the wall facing the road.

Display issues are driving some of the trade ins. The Tdc 8000 is of course the prefered stand alone timer to use with the GAZ displays. We use the GAZ circuit board in our PST displays that are very popular here. I have not heard of anyone driving displays as you suggest. ALGE TDC output requires 1 board for bib (3 places or 999) /rank (2 places or 99) and another for time. It sounds like you have what you need other than the TDC 8000. Perhaps. With softwre you can do anything you want within reason and the GAZ circuit board will address 8 individual digits. We can make a case for that as well.

Other people are trading in their 705s for S4 timers. Did you know you can time a legal FIS race with the S4? Just program the timer on "c" when you sync it in HP/Program 3. That way it outputs to the software and the net timing on the printer is preserved. The 705 is way overkill for people who are using software to run their races.

You will need to deal with Precision on the TIMY as we cannot sell new ALGE in Canada.

I will email you direct with the trade in TAG prices.

Originally posted 6 Feb 2002 by Fred Patton

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.