Skip to main content

I'm a real newbie at all of this, but I'm looking at an old Time Tech SR1000 system to use for training and fun races (not NASTAR or USSA). Other than the main unit, there's a couple start gates minus the wands (which I've found to be relatively cheap) and an Opcon photo sensor for the finish. Some misc cabling is also included.

The system itself seems relatively straight-forward to me, if perhaps a bit basic and archaic. That just means it's easier to fix. Any quirks or other items I should know about it? Any helpful hints in operating the system?
Thanks
-Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Before we bought the second TdC8000 I was forced to use the SR1000 as a backup. TimeTech was very helpful and sent me a photocopy of the manual. Call them!
It has lots of drawbacks, but is simple and easy to use, particularly if you only have one on course at a time. I had a problem with the power connector going into the unit. It would not keep reliable contact and I had to tape it to the unit to keep the right pressure on the connector in order to mainatin an electrical connection.
Jim Green
Wildcat Ski Team

Jim Green

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.