Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If the problem is not with the free feeding of paper from the roll, it is probably something to do with the feed motor or its drivetrain. Try a different roll of paper first and if you get the same performance I would suggest getting an external printer (seiko, martel, etc) and using it if you wish to keep using the PTB for scored races. Usually repairs of this type of thing are far more expensive, if available at all, than using an off the shelf external printer.

An external printer will require some programming to get it going. If you are interested in this option I can quote you a price for a pre-configured printer that will be plug and play with your PTB.
I would strongly suggest you change your batteries before you send the unit for repair. The printer is very sensitive to the power level even if its working with a power supply it requires a good set of batteries inside. Also make sure your power supply is connected to the printer and not the ptb605 itself. the other potential reason for this printing problem can be the temperature, the older versions of these printers don't like the cold weather. If none of these workaround succeeds you'll need to send them back to your Tag supplier for a repair.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.