Skip to main content

The S4 timer can handle the new FEI rule for 1 penalty point for every 4 seconds over allowed course time. You must have eprom version 3.3 It is a little confusing to read the ALGE manual. The only version that is correct is English 2003.05.07

Page 33 and section 3.1.5 deals with the setup in Bareme D. You must set up the timer with this procedure first. Then you can go back to regular old Bareme A and it will hold the programming. Annoying but true!

1) Toggle on C

2) Hold other toggle up to "line test" while turning timer on.

3) Release "line test" toggle

4) Select program 2 by pushing yellow button until it appears

5) Press Red/Yellow buttons together

6) Press yellow button until bAr D appears

7) Press "line test" toggle down to "delay time"

8) The printer will now print "BAreme A Barrage Integre. Now it has the new rule saved.
8) Proceed with setting up your "time allowed" for the first and second stages of Bareme D two stage jumping if thats what you want to do. Otherwise turn the machine off.

Bareme A with new FEI Time penalty

1) Turn timer on

2) Bareme A appears, Press "line test" down to "delay time"

3) Enter time allowed

4) Press "line test" down

5) Accept 45 second countdown or modify

6) Press "line test" down

7) Start timing

8) Complete event

9) Send postcard to FEI thanking them for making interesting rule changes on a regular basis to keep the world awake.
Original Post
A clarification from Lloyd Lonenecker:

You had me concerned that I couldn't get back to the US way of 1 for 1. So I tested some more.

In reality, you have to go through the 1 for 4 setup (switch to 'C', etc) each time it's powered on. You can do this, however, in any table desired. Table A makes the most sense and it works there. At the next power on it reverts to the normal settings ( 1/4 for 1 at Table A, 1 for 1 at Table B, etc).

The only reason to read the Table D section is that is where the instructions appear. The setup procedure worked in both Table A and Table B (but why would you use Table B if you wanted 1 for 4?)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.