Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ALGE offered the NLG 13A power supplies from 1999 through 2003. The PS-12A has been offered since then. The introduction of the TIMY dmanded a power supply that would not exceed 2500 ma (2.5a) so as not to overload the internal circuits. Both units work basically the same, insofar as they take AC voltage of between 100 and 240 volts and transform it into (nominally) 12 VDC to power the timers and charge the battery packs. The major issue with switching power supplies is when the voltage drops below 100. The power supply will then malfunction and send higher than expected voltage to the timer which will overload.

Everybody should check their power regularily.

The absolute safest way to run a TIMY or any other timer for that matter is from 12v DC like a battery that is not plugged in to the AC power.
Would anyone be able to confirm for me, the exact dimensions, or even better, part number, of the power plug which goes into the Timy & OPTIc2? I've tried a few, but something's not right, I'm thinking the local electronics shop's 2.1mm plug short shaft length of 9.5mm is a little too short, and the long length of 14mm is a little too long... that I need to find something 11mm (the PS12A plug's length)

+M

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.