Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The ALGE Start gate with the ALGE headset can be used with the Microgate amps and headsets.

Use the red/black backup connection on the start gate.

Use the backup pair and connect the Microgate amp to the backup TIMY (channel 0 Start) in parallel.

You want to use the backup pair, red/black connections/ backup TIMY to reduce noise. Normally the primary pair / TIMY/PC combination creates too much data noise.

Remember that the Microgate amp only has one ground (black) connection so that will need to be split "y" to both the hill wire ground and TIMY (bottom connection) ground.
Hmmm, there was a previous reply here that appears to have been taken down. That reply detailed how Microgate and and Alge have different connectors between their headsets and amps.

Since then, I have actually inspected the two connectors, and they are, in fact, different. You CANNOT plug an Alge headset into a Microgate amp, nor vice-a-versa.

FKP, you seem to think that they can be used together. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

-- Mark

Ahhh -- as soon as I posted this, I realized the misunderstanding. Yes, an Alge headset/amp on one end can talk to a Microgate headset/amp on the other end. I was really asking about mixing headsets from one maker with an amp from another. Thanks all for the help.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.