Skip to main content

Quick question. I am trying to set up a network using a hub between my Finishlynx computer and my Hytek computer.

On the Local Area Connection I know I need to change the TCP/IPv4 as directed by the Finishlynx manual on both computers as follows:

Computer 1 Example
IP Address - 192.168.0.20
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Computer 2 Example
IP Address - 192.168.0.30
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

I know I can ping the computers to make sure they are communicating with each other.

This being the first time I have set up a network this way I wanted to know what I need to do next to make sure I have the ability to access the Hytek directory on computer one with computer two running Finishlynx??

Thanks for your help.

Brandon
Original Post
After you have made sure that the two computers can see each other on the net work (the ping thing) turn on file sharing on the computers, on the hy-tek computer share the folder that you will be using for the meet. On the Finish Lynx computer explore the network and map the hy-tek folder as a drive.
Within Finish lynx go to options-data base set data to files, make the input and output directory the mapped drive for the hy-tek, turn on writing .LIF set the time precision for the .lif to .001sec.

Sharing is easiest when the two computers are using the same version of windows. computers running XP tend to have fewer problems than Vista or 7 , I've not tried windows 8 yet.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.