Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Found the problem. The wireless adapter onthe laptop was running. While the laptop showed connection to the CP540 split second showed not connected. Shutting down the wireless connection fixed the problem.

This causes a new problem. We planned on using the wireless connection to connect to the internet and the ethernet to connect the CP540 to the PC. We need the internet connection for live timing. Seems split second has a problem with both connections being open.
There are a few ways around this problem, but it sounds like you have an IP conflict. I did use a 540 plugged in, and the wireless connection.

If you can't work out the IP conflict, you can use a hub to connect the 540 and a wireless bridge to the laptop, or possible try another wireless adapter such as a USB to wireless or a cell card.

At least your testing in advance (I Hope). Is the Tag vendor you purchased the 540 from providing any support or assistance?

Jenna
When I run in set up and test with the wireless turned off I get the following on the printer.

"Open TCP Port 0"

Everything works fine. When I turned the Wireless on I got the following

tcp frame resend
tcp frame resend
tcp frame resend
tcp frame resend
Sock TimeOut
Close TCP Port 0

Split Second no longer recieves signal from the 540 at this point. If I shut down set up and test and restart and kill the wireless everything is fine again
This is an old topic but I just worked through this and came up with this.

The software can work with a hard line and wireless at the same time but there can be a conflict if they use the same range(the first 3 number sets of the address. If your wireless is 198.162.1.XXX set up your hard line to be 198.168.2.XXX or something similar. The number in the timer should end with a different number than the computer ie. 198.162.2.50 for timer and 198.162.2.49 for computer. Remember to that the software should not be started until timer is on and the ethernet is turned on.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.