Skip to main content

Hi,

I do the ski racing results for the Far West Racing Association (www.fwra.com) and a couple of its member leagues, where we have our own results processing program (due to using a pretty complex handicap-based system) that can import the SplitSecond databases that we get from the resorts.

This season we have hit a problem doing that import, which I've fixed by a work around in our code, but I'm wondering if it may be a bug in the latest version of SplitSecond that the resort is using (Club version 5.0.0).

In the SplitSecond Club XML database files, a user's results are given in a <Comp> entry, and for a 2-run course that holds two <Time> entries. In results from previous versions of SplitSecond those time entries each have a <Course> attribute giving the "course" (run) number as 1 or 2 ("<Course>1</Course>" and "<Course>2</Course>") but now we are getting course number zero ("<Course>0</Course>") in both time entries.

So, is this a deliberate change or a bug?

Ian
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There have been significant changes to the software with the introduction of unlimited runs. This has changed the way the XML is structured. If you do not wish to change your software to adapt to the new versions you can always use one of the older versions to time your races. Beware that just cause you show up to a resort with an older version on a flash drive that they may not be able to install it. Many resorts computers are severely crippled by the IT folks and doing things like installing a program or even plugging in a foreign flash drive is strictly forbidden.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.