Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are posts from FKP regarding these boards from 2003-2004:

RE: Using a SouthernCross Scoreboard with spilit second (in Scoreboards- PST & ALGE) by Jefe
I spoke to Geoff about using a Southern Cross Scoreboard with a laptop. He said that unlike modern scoreboards, the Southern Cross does not work with a RS232 data-stream. You need a device called a power loop adaptor in between the serial port and the scoreboard....
Phoenix Sports Technology > Timingguys.com by PST > Timingguys.com by PST > Scoreboards- PST & ALGE
October 12, 2004 07:32 PM

Using a SouthernCross Scoreboard with spilit second (in Scoreboards- PST & ALGE) by Jefe
I've been having a problem trying to use a Southern Cross Scoreboard with splitsecond. We have a laptop with 2 serial ports. I've tried every pin combination without success (I believe that 3 is send and 5 is ground). I know that the scoreboard works, it just doesn't seem to work with the laptop...
Phoenix Sports Technology > Timingguys.com by PST > Timingguys.com by PST > Scoreboards- PST & ALGE
August 20, 2004 03:49 AM

Anyone got info on Southern Cross? (in Vintage & Orphaned Equipment) by Admin
I'm looking for tech manuals or any info at all on Southern Cross timers and display boards. The timer is the M4 model and was made in Los Angeles sometime in the 1980's (already well used when I came arrived here in 1988); the display board appears to be of the same vintage. I'm pretty sure...
Phoenix Sports Technology > Timingguys.com by PST > Timingguys.com by PST > Vintage & Orphaned Equipment
September 12, 2002 02:12 PM

Brings back some memories! I can't help you with a manual, but reflectors are reflectors, you can use TAG or Alge reflectors as they designed for this job and have robust mounting systems and sun/snow shade built in. Most timers have moved on from reflector systems to through-beam style, so there are probably folks with surplus reflectors available.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.