Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

the Hy-tek meet manager will accept times from the timing camera, or if you have paid for the option a button timer. I would set up the camera and time the race with athlete determined by nothing, in Hy-tek enter the athletes numbers in order of finish then import the times. If you have an Identilynx I would have used the Finish Lynx in the identify by ID and imported the results from that into Hy-Tek. remember that CC races should only be reported to the second, that degree of percision can be set in both the FinishLynx and Hy- tek programs Hope this helps
My problem is I don't want to use the camera to time the race I want to just use the software portion. I would like to be able to manual hit the space bar when I person comes through the finish line. I know that I have done it in the past when I was having camera issues at a meet but I cannot remember how I did it. I see the manual start portion but I cannot get that to work either. The meet is on Friday I am hoping to get it worked out before then.
the manual start is to start the timing function of the camera at time resolution of 1/10 second or 1 second. There are separate programs that allow you to time using the space bar to take a time on the computer, you need to have the button interface in Hy-tek to do that.
There is a free ware meet manageent program that has a built in timing function (race Tab 3.xx) that will do what you want and handles cross country meets well.

Using the actal camera to time the race will give you an accurate record of who finished where that can be checked if coaches question the results. Using an Identilynx camera as a stand alone would also work.
Mary in the situation where you were hitting the space bar during the track meet you were turning the camera capture on and off. you still needed to read the image to get a time.
Big thing between now and the meet is to figure out how to get the meet manageent software to give you the results you want. figure out what options you have for timing, you sound like the two options are photo finish using finishLynx or hand timing. Hand timing requires you to hand enter bib numbers and times. With the timing camera you read the image to get times and enter the bib numbers either as you read the image or into the Hy-tek before you import the times.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.