Skip to main content

We are currently and successfully using MyLaps DataCollector with Pro Chip systems but as DataCollector is effectively obsolescent, have been looking at the MyLaps Toolkit program as a possible alternative.

Don’t actually like it very much so far, can’t even get a successful athlete import as it doesn’t seem to like the Pro Chip numbers. Was therefore wondering if anyone is using Toolkit with a Pro Chip system and what your experience is with Toolkit in that environment.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Jenna. That does give me some incentive to continue investing time into the Toolkit option.

As it happens I caught up with a couple of MyLaps people responsible for Toolkit today and have sorted out a couple of issues.

Turns out that athlete import into Toolkit with Pro-Chip transponder numbers must not have the dash included, unlike Orbits and DataCollector competitor imports which require the dash. Don't know what the Toolkit designers were thinking (or what they were on) when they made that decision. There is the option however with the Toolkit exporter to include or exclude the dash.

Also I can't see a way to set up a user defined export file in Toolkit to mimic the DataCollector Live File tab delimited format. i.e. there doesn't appear to be an option for a tab delimited export file in Toolkit.

There is a Toolkit update scheduled for relase in week 28 so will see if that provides any better compatibility. Fortunately there is no urgency for our particular scenario as we are happy enought at the moment with DataCollector. Will just keep working through the issues with Toolkit but it's starting to look as if the easiest solution will be to update the BEM (Bmx Event Manager) program to provide a Toolkit specific competitor export and Toolkit specific passing record import rather than to continue trying to customise Toolkit to match DataCollector's interfaces.

Dissapointing really that MyLaps are promotng Tookit as the replacement for DataColletor and yet don't provide compatible interfaces.
I was JUST emailing with the current programmer of Toolkit about this. I think the problem we have had is capitalization...I'm trying to figure out what it is/was. I'll let you know, we don't use often.

As far as the exports go, there are the pre-defined exports (readlite, html, csv), but you can create your own that is tab delimited and probably mimic datacollector pretty closely if not exactly. That being said, I agree, they should have been a predefined setting for data collector.

Do you know there is a MyLaps Partner site that while not always as active as here, is monitored by MyLaps staff and users, and you may get more response there. I am probably one of only a handful of MyLaps users here.

Good luck,
Jenna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.