Skip to main content

Hi all,

We are using a Tag CP520 with SplitSecond. I am about to purchase 2 ALGE D-Line display to display Bib-Rank on the first one and RunTime on the second. As I know now, the CP520 cannot drive ALGE D-Line displays.

Can I connect the CP520 to the PC on SplitSecond on one port (like we alwasy do) and drive the ALGE D-Line displays by SplitSecond on another port ?

In this configuration, can I connect the 2 ALGE D-Line displays in parallèle and configure them to disply what I want (one with SE h and the other with SE r settings)?

If this works, I need to know if SplitSecond is sending the same datastream as if it comes from a ALGE timning device?

Thank you
Stephane Roy
CCBN - Belle Neige Competition Club
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can do exactly what you describe, SST does a fine job sending data to Dlines. The datastream from SST does carry both time (running time then freeze on finish time) along with the bib/rank info (bib on the left and then current rank in class when they finish on right). You program the boards exactly as you have indicated. While using two com ports as you describe is better (one for timer, one for display), you can even do it with one port, if you are clever. Besides the use you describe many other programing options are also available making the Dline a very versatile display board to own. Programming can seem a bit cryptic at first but after a few times you will get used to it.
D-line boards should have come with a serial cable & a jumper cables to run the data to the next board. You can run straight off computer serial port or get a usb to serial cable and software. With the Bib,rank & time showing on boards at finish the crowd really gets into it on the finish of the 2nd run as top racers get instant results. 2 boards really make the finish the place to be. When setting up SST Display be carefull to cut the display time of the boards down to 15 seconds or less on the 2nd run because program shows 2nd run for that amount of time then shows combined time and rank for next 15 seconds. With a 30 second interval between racers you can set it for 30 seconds on the 1st run but cut it down to 15 for the 2nd run. Use two usb com ports off your computer, one for timer, one for boards, save a 3rd for out to live-timing. Make sure all com ports are labled 1-10 any higher and Split seceond will not recognize the com port. Don't try to hang the boards to high and get hurt falling off lader coated in ice. Its easy to hang them high today but at o-dark 30 you will be stressed if you have to go high.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.