Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm putting together a timing system using a Chronomix CC737, sending output to a Linux box over a serial connection.

When listening to the buffer over ttys0 (serial port) I don't get any output... Using Minicom, I get output like the following:

ÿx<.....ÿ.ÿ......ÿ.ÿ......ÿ....x...ÿ.ÿ..ÿ...x‡x..xˇ..x..x.

My questions:
1)Does anybody know of an easy way to grab the serial output from a chronomix on Linux?

2)Does the serial data above make sense... is it just serialized info that needs to be unserialized?

Many thanks to anyone for their info!
-Steve
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the reply. It WAS the baud rate that was incorrect (on the minicom side.) I'm just getting my feet wet with serial programming... learning more every day.

I've got things running very smoothly now with the chronomix and a LAMP setup. The chronomix is dumping data into a mySQL database using a combination of PHP5 running in CGI mode, and utilizing a GREAT little piece of C code (through the PHP function proc_open(); ) to capture the serial I/O: XT-1 I highly recommend this tight little piece of C code for anyone working on custom software dealing with serial port I/O.

If anyone out there is having issues with a similar setup, shoot me an e-mail so you don't have to figure it out the hard way! stephenconklin@mac.com

Cheers, and thanks again for the reply!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.