Skip to main content

I’m using TDC8000+ with program 1 (split).
I need to send TOD (Time Of Day) from Channels 0 (Start), 1 (Finish) and 2 (Intermediate) to the RS232. Actually C0 and C1 are sending the TOD, but C2 (Intermediate) is only sending the racer time, not the TOD.
I mean, as example, that if racer with bib 1 has C0 TOD 10:30:00:000, and arrives at the intermediate point one minute after start, I receive by the RS232 C2 00:01:00:000 instead of receiving C2 10:31:00:000.
Is there any way to change this?
I’ve tried in program 10 (10 channel timer) but I would also like to have races with more than 1 heat and program 10 doesn’t have the option of more than 1 heat.
Any idea to solve this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that I understood what you mean, but when starting the timer, I selected:
1. Timer on
2. Program 1:SPLIT
3. Clear Race => R1
4. Choose Race => R1
5. Select Precision => 1/100 s
6. Select Timing => DIFFERENCE
7. Select Start Mode => SINGLE START
8. Intro Groups? => NO

I note that I always select timing mode “DIFFERENCE” because I need TOD to be send to the RS232.
What I don’t understand is why at the intermediate time, it doesn’t send TOD.
Is there any other option somewhere in the menu? I can’t find any!

Please, see scanned tape for bib 45 (a test)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • intermediate
Ok. With TDC8000+ I can’t get the TOD from the intermediate channels in program 1 (split), just with program 10 (10 channel timer).

I haven’t tried with Timy because I don’t have Tido but, will I receive the TOD from channel 2 (for example) in the Timy at the RS232 in Stopwatch program ?

If not, which program should I use with the Timy to receive the intermediate TOD at the RS232 ?
Yes, the TIMY in Stopwatch program does send rs-232 TOD data and also prints TOD for all channels. You do not need the TIDO if you are handy with a soldering iron. You can make a cable or box for yourself by following the pin descriptions in the TIMY manual for the 25 pin connector. Full precision is available for channels C0-C5, after that only 1/100 precision is available.
OK, I will use the Timy for intermediate times.
I would be just great if I could have the intermediate photocell connected to the Din plug at the right side of the Timy and this way I’ll have the 25 pin connector with the standard cable connecting the Timy with the com port at the laptop.
If I make a cable with a DIN plug on one side with pin 3 (ground) and pin 6 (intermediate) I think all will work. Is that all right ?

Thanks all of you for your collaboration.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DIN
I have been using the Timy in Stopwatch with 3 intermediates and it is printing elapsed times for the intermediates but sending the TOD data through the RS232 connection. John, or anyone, do you know how to print the TOD data instead of the elapsed data (assuming you are doing net timing with the Timy as well?
Jenna
My timy prints both. First the the TOD then the net when running in Stopwatch. What I get is the channel ID with the TOD then the bib and net (for the bib in the finish queue). RS232 sends the TOD and channel ID only. It may be a setting thing. My clocks are up on the hill, if I have a chance I will give you a call tomorrow and we can talk settings. JJ

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.