Skip to main content

Hi,

we are using 3 laptop-computer on our timing booth.
On two of them, Finishlynx 9.1 is running, the third one is the connecting computer to our data-handling-network and -software.

The "master" ist set up to connect to the camera and holds the data.
This is stored in an "c:\timing" directory, whish is shared for everyone granting full rights.

Today, we found, that the "secondary" laptop, on which the judging of the image usually is done, has no access to the .i01 files, which contain the accually camera image, saved by the "master" to the "c:\timing" directory.

That means, that no image would be opened, if a run is opened on that machine.

What amazes me most: I doesn't see these files, if I look at the directory from the windows explorer!
But only on this computer.
If I open the directoy on the third laptop-computer, I can see the .i01-files, which I am missing on the "secondary".

It seems to me, that there is kind of a problem with the access-rights to that directory: If on the "master" the whole directory is set to "everyone has full access", the files right in the dir are now visible on the "secondary" - but each new i01-file isn't.
But why than these files are visible from the third computer???

I tried using a different dir - but the problem remains...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dirk
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Today we found, that results stored directly within c:\timing could be opened correctly on the second computer.
Results stored within some subdirectories on c:\timing (e.g. c:\timing\170107) could not be opened like descriped above.

So it seems to be a rights problem on the master computer.
But I still wonder, why only the picture files are affected.

Ciao
dirk
We have "new" computers in our setup.
These are HP 8560p, which are at least 4 years old. But they are running on win 7 instead of win xp as the old thinkpads did.

I set the 3 computers to fixed ip-addresses within a separate subnet from the computers in the data network.

Probably, there is a mixup between personal and extended sharing.
On Sunday one of our oparators told me, that the cameras where not found by the lynx software, if the computer is running with an user-level account, but they were found, if an admin account is logged on.

In 10 day, we do host the state championships at Kalbach, and I will probably have to spend an evening this week to test everything again...

Ciao
dirk
Another evening of testing shows:
.i01-files were written with read only attributes for every user except the owner.

But, if I save the race for a second time, with a different name, the rights are correct and the file can be accessed by everyone.

Since our races get there names from the data-processing software, this is a stupid thing to work around...

Ciao

dirk
Try this:
one way to access the shared folder without giving the username and password.

We need to change the share folder protect settings in the machine where the folder has been shared.

Go to Control Panel > Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings > Enable Turn Off password protect sharing option.

By doing the above settings we can access the shared folder without any username/password.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.