Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are the events single athlete time trials or mass start? I am guessing single start.

This would normally be timed with a wand type start gate, finish line photocell, and printing timer. We would typically sync the timer to "time of day".

Then we would run Finish Lynx just as back up at the finish line. Just use "no gun sensor" and input the time of day as the running time and do a good manual sync. That way you will get a running visual "TOD" backup.

Run auto capture if you can.
FKP...thanks for the response. Most of the races are single start (15 second intervals). From the little I have been able to find online we should be able to attach a wand to the RandioLynx Wireless Start sensor...my trouble is setting up a meet from start to finish. Would you know if there is a Google Doc online or other resource (pdf?)??? Outlining the entire process? I haven't had much luck with the Finishlynx manuals or their reps on the phone.

pjgorne
I think you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole using Finish Lynx and it's evaluation software as your primary timing system for an interval start race. Using a start wand and photobeams attached to basic timers is a better way to go. There are variations off of this that can include chip readers as well. Go to the Alge website or Summit Timing site to look at the documentation there for running an interval start race and build a system that resembles what they have going. Regardless of what system you'd use, you need to make sure you have proper backup going that has synced time of day. Redundancy at all your timing points is absolutely critical.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.