Skip to main content

I am new to this forum and new to photo finish equipment here in Scotland.

I have been thrown in at the deep end when our long term Photo finish guy moved out of the area and I have been left to figure it out.

In the box of equipment we have a small grey identilynx camera that doesn't seem to be working.

When I first hooked it up the Finishlynx software found the camera and it was listed in the cameras found. However there was no picture at all. Being a bit inquisitive I popped the back off the camera and found, what I thought was reset button. I tried the 'reset' button now the Finishlynx software won't recognize/find the camera at all.

I am guessing I shouldn't have pressed the button! Is there a set up procedure of software for the camera so I can try and bring it back to life?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the reply Pat. Your reply was what I had feared. I had already contacted the FinishLynx agent in the UK and their initial 'help' was to give me the details of the newest versions of the camera. They did say I could send them the camera and they would check it out. The cynical Scotsman in me suspects that would be followed up with another quote for a new camera.

I was hoping I could look at reconfiguring the camera myself to try an bring it back to life and save me £2500.

The closest to Germany I might get this year is Denmark for the European Masters Championships.
Bummer.

From someone with a lot of Scottish blood to another, you'll like the new cams. I have the one you have, barely use it. I have the upgraded one from the same time frame, and it's starting to struggle, and getting it dialed in is really tough.

I saw a new one in action two weeks ago, it's pretty sweet. It also (apparently) has microfocus, which would be amazingly helpful.

I'm not quite ready to upgrade, I kind of want to wait until the next version... But, it's a pretty sweet device. (I only want to spend money when I know it will be an upgrade.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.