Skip to main content

A drawback of my home facility is that our long jump pit sits only 6'6" from lane one on our finish line. We have network and power connections running underneath the track, so I set up my wind gauge, race clock, and ID Lynx on the inside, while I have my computers and FinishLynx camera on the outside. I'd like to have my camera on the inside of the track, but that would require a pole between the long jump pit and the track only about 5'6" or 6'0" from lane one. Has anyone tried taking a FinishLynx picture this close to the track? Or should I continue to settle for being outside? Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We tried this some time - but the image is not easy to judge for the runners on the outside lanes because they are a lot smaler than the one on the inner lanes.

I would stay outside. But maybe, you can put the camera behind the long jump pit?

If we are working from inside, the camera is usualy put on our Manfroto-tripod at 6m-10m distance to the inner lane at 4m height.

Ciao

dirk
I often set up my C-mount lens camera on a Manfrotto 160 series tripod with the camera 7 ft from the edge of the track. You will need a very wide angle setting on the lens, because of that setting bodies on the far lanes will seem small, and because of depth of focus people running in inside or outside lanes will be slightly out of focus, three bar color cameras will also have more color "banding" on the runners in the far lanes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.